Applications Close: 30th November 2017
100 SCULPTORS OF TOMORROW will be an insightful, diverse, and inspiring survey of emerging and unknown talent working in the field of sculpture, selected by a distinguished and knowledgeable panel of international jurors, and will be the culmination of a major undertaking to identify the 100 most exciting, up-and-coming sculptors presently at work. It is the follow-up to the groundbreaking and highly-regarded publication 100 PAINTERS OF TOMORROW, which went on to launch many artists’ careers and is still a leading resource on some of the most important young painters working internationally today.
100 SCULPTORS OF TOMORROW will be the second book in the series and, like its predecessor, will be authored by Kurt Beers, Director of Beers London, and published by Thames & Hudson.
100 Sculptors of Tomorrow focuses on emerging sculptors working anywhere in the world. There is no age limit for entry, but selected artists should have gained a certain level of professional recognition as detailed below. There are no specific educational or professional criteria for selection but eligible applicants should have achieved at least one of the following:
· a degree from an accredited institution; or
· gallery representation; or
· inclusion in a solo or group exhibition of note; or
· completion of one or more accomplished (series of) works; or
· significant achievement and dedication in one’s studio practice; or
· recognition by a public or private organisation(s), such as funding, awarding body, or residency.