BeepStreet has provided us with a lot of good apps over the years. Apps like GyroSynth, Impaktor, iSequence HD, and Sunrizer. But BeepStreet has been quiet for some time, and now we know why. BeepStreet has been working on Zeeon. Zeeon is a virtual analog synthesizer, powered by an advanced analog circuit modelling engine.
According to BeepStreet:
We spent a lot of time analysing iconic analog synths, both vintage and modern, to find out which parts of the circuit contribute most to their specific character. We used this knowledge to create a unique synth, with focus on what’s most important – the pure, organic and detailed sound. Many analog synth emulations sound dull. Not Zeeon. We take care of the entire spectrum range from deep lows to sweet highs. All audio and modulation signals are processed at 176 KHz (4x oversampling).
So, here are the main features of Zeeon:
- It’s both an Audio Unit v3 and a standalone application together with a simple polyphonic step sequencer
- It has 2 oscillators with continuously variable waveforms, hard-sync and and also a sub-oscillator. Apparently the app carefully simulates analog drift and PSU influence too (I’ll be keen to experience that)
- The Filter has 3 models available: Transistor ladder low pass, OTA cascade low pass and State Variable Filter with continuously variable LP-HP + BP mode.
- There are 2 low frequency oscillators and envelope generators per voice
- Overdrive – diode clipper and transistor saturation, pre and post filter.
- Up to 2 layers per voice. Layers can modulate each other.
- There’s a powerful modulation matrix offering self-modulation and cross-layer modulation, 8 modulation slots, 17 signal sources and 41 targets available, both from modulation modules and audio signal path. This takes Zeeon into semi-modular territory. Imagine oscillator waveform, panning, filter cutoff, resonance or LP-HP mode modulated by oscillators or another layer!
- Effects unit built in: Circuit modelled BBD chorus, bass booster, zero-delay Phaser, Stereo delay and Reverb
- The app comes with 144 presets and Tutorials bank too, plus more presets to come
So this looks like a very capable and worthy synth from a developer with some really good pedigree. I’m hoping that it’ll be a great addition to anyone’s collection of iOS synths.
Zeeon Synth costs $9.99 on the app store now:
The post Zeeon synth is a new virtual analogue synth from BeepStreet appeared first on CDM Create Digital Music.