happy end of the work week! it’s time for my friday finds, and although i know i was whining about all the black & white boring-ness out there last week, these black & white images are for me anything but dull. they’ve got that necessary panache you need to balance a room full of neutrals. oh, and that notebook — i just had to share that because it’s so rad and it fits right in. enjoy your weekend, everyone! xo, victoria
- this is the kind of black and white i can get around. this is a killer black lamp — the Atollo Table Lamp was created by Vico Magistretti for the Italian manufacturer Oluce, available at TRNK-NYC. bravo!
- i’ve always crushed on muuto’s iconic design dots. The DOTS, designed by Lars Tornøe, are the cool alternative to the coat hook and can be arranged on your walls in exactly the pattern and color combination you like.
- john derian’s cape cod home has all the right black & white touches, and unexpected ones, like that giant white clamshell.
- i had to get this black leather notebook from the egotist. The Egotist Flagship Notebook holds all your notes and looks so official. my very own design bible. Write something. Draw a picture. Don’t do it for the image.
- the new darlings have a wonderful guide to the paris Airbnb’s they stayed in. this one’s kitchen dining nook is dreamy.
- this mixed media piece by artist jordan sullivan inspires me to create a new mood board in my office. love the look of this and all that white space.
- this is called the harvester’s mural from anewall. it’s painted by artist peter brueghel and i like the idea of hanging it behind my bed. it’s self-adhesive so easy removal or repositioning.